Underfloor Insulation Supplier & Manufacturer in Australia
Melbourne | Sydney | Brisbane | Perth | Adelaide
Manufactured in a state-of-the-art local facility, Foilboard® is the new generation of rigid reflective foil laminate technology, which can be easily customised to suit your underfloor insulation application.
Offering so much more than thermal protection, this fully patented technology is the best choice for underfloor insulation solutions.
The advantages of Foilboard® for underfloor insulation are quickly being recognized by innovative and well-known architects and building companies across Australia as well as savvy DIY builders. They are installing this cost-effective underfloor insulation technology to increase the overall R-ratings and comfort standards of their home and building projects.
We service Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and all regional Towns in Australia
Foilboard® for Underfloor Insulation can be used in;
For existing sites without any floor insulation, Foilboard® is a perfect option to improve thermal resistance and reduce energy costs within a home or building. It can be easily installed by accessing the underside of the building and fixed to the underside of joists using our patented Flexifit® fasteners.
Timber Floor Insulation
Safe, quick and easy to install without the need for stapling, stringing, or gluing.
Concrete Floor Insulation
Foilboard® is rigid and slimline and will not sag, shrink or delaminate over time. Lightweight and simple to install, it is ideal for bulk installation under concrete flooring of any size.
Use our Product Selector to find which Foilboard® Product is most suitable
- What is Underfloor Insulation?
- Benefits of Underfloor Insulation
- How Does Underfloor Insulation Work?
- How to Install Underfloor Insulation?
- Where to Buy Underfloor Insulation?
- Why Choose Underfloor Insulation?
- Underfloor Insulation Specification
- Foilboard Accessories
- Underfloor Insulation Image Gallery
- Underfloor Insulation FAQs
- Underfloor Insulation Reviews
What is Underfloor Insulation?
If you live in Australia, you may already know that underfloor insulation is a must. Given the often harsh and volatile changes in our climate, we need to ensure that the living conditions in our homes are protected from external weather conditions.
Underfloor insulation offers thermal efficiency in your home and creates a comfortable environment for all those living in it.
Benefits of Underfloor Insulation
- Underfloor insulation prevents a large amount of heat from escaping from the floor
- The best underfloor insulation solutions can drastically reduce the cost of your energy bills
- After reducing the amount of time you run your energy appliances, you will reduce your carbon footprint
- Underfloor insulation provides a degree of soundproofing to any property in which it is installed
- Foilboard underfloor insulation is completely non-toxic and safe for installation and use
- Protection for your property from external weather conditions.
How Does Underfloor Insulation Work?
If you are interested in understanding how underfloor insulation works and finding how to insulate your underfloor–look no further.
You can either install underfloor insulation panels when you are in the construction phase of a building, or you can retrofit underfloor insulation in an existing property.
A certain amount of heat escapes through the floor, while cool air tends to pool down there. By installing underfloor insulation you are keeping the desired air in and the undesired air out.
A great advantage of this is that the underfloor insulation cost is quickly recouped after installation, as once your home is well insulated—you tend to stop running your heaters and coolers so much.
How to Install Underfloor Insulation?
When it comes to the question of how to install floor insulation, the procedure itself is quite simple. With a few basic tools, the right conditions, and some confidence in the area of DIY handiwork, you can install underfloor insulation with ease.
The exact process of underfloor insulation installation will depend on whether you are fixing it into a building under construction, or existing property.
For clear instructions on how to install underfloor insulation, check out this underfloor insulation installation guide or contact us on 1800 354 717.
Where to Buy Underfloor Insulation?
Why Choose Underfloor Insulation?
- It saves you money in the long run
- It reduces your carbon footprint
- It’s non-toxic
- It’s extremely easy to install when building
- It protects your property from external weather conditions
Underfloor Insulation ‘R’ Value
Underfloor Insulation – New Build
|Heat Flow Out||Heat Flow In|
Through the utilisation of the Foilboard® Floor Saddles, Foilboard® GREEN rigid panel can be installed quickly and easily into the sub-floor before laying timber / particle board flooring.
Underfloor Insulation – Flexifit
|Heat Flow Out||Heat Flow In|
With the use of the Foilboard® Flexifast fastener, Foilboard® GREEN rigid panel is perfect for retrofitting to existing flooring systems.
Foilboard® GREEN is light weight, easy to cut and manoeuvre into place, making it the perfect underfloor insulation.
Underfloor Insulation – Retrofit
|Heat Flow Out||Heat Flow In|
For larger sub-floor areas, the Foilboard® GREEN rigid panel can be fixed directly to the underside of the joist, giving the maximum thermal benefit.
Underfloor Insulation Image Gallery
Underfloor Insulation FAQs
Following are some of the common questions asked about underfloor insulation. If your question is not answered here, please feel free to contact us.
Is underfloor insulation effective?
Yes. Our underfloor insulation utilises the latest in foil insulation technology to create an effective barrier between your property and external weather conditions.
How does underfloor insulation work?
Underfloor insulation works by keeping cold air from seeping into your house through the floorboards, while keeping warm air in.
Does underfloor insulation make a difference?
Yes, underfloor insulation makes a great difference in improving the thermal efficiency of your home and helping you to reduce your carbon footprint.
What is the best insulation for underfloor?
The best insulation for underfloor depends on your specific needs. Our underfloor insulation is generally effective in every kind of property.
How much does underfloor insulation cost?
The price of underfloor insulation is based on your specific requirements. The variables include size and R-value rating. For specific pricing information, contact us on 1800 354 717.
Should I insulate under my floor?
Insulating under your floor is a great way to improve comfort in your home and reduce energy bills. It is definitely worth considering.
How long does it take to install underfloor insulation?
The time it takes to install underfloor insulation depends on several factors, including your building, whether it is new or a retrofit job, and the amount of underfloor insulation that needs to be installed.
Underfloor Insulation Reviews
Benefits of Foilboard® for Underfloor Insulation
- Foilboard® is impervious to moisture and offers impressive R-value ratings.
- Simply clicks into place using a patented lock-in flap design to save time and labour
- Reduces waste by allowing re-use of off cuts
- Resists wind and vermin by preventing air infiltration from gaps and air pockets
- Offers high thermal resistance to intense weather fluctuations commonly experienced in Australia.
- Underfloor insulation that goes above and beyond BCA requirements with a 6-star energy rating, guaranteed for the life of the building