Underfloor Insulation Supplier & Manufacturer in Australia
Melbourne | Sydney | Brisbane | Perth | Adelaide
Manufactured in a state-of-the-art local facility, Foilboard® is the new generation of rigid reflective foil laminate technology, which can be easily customised to suit your underfloor insulation application.
Offering so much more than thermal protection, this fully patented technology is the best choice for underfloor insulation solutions.
The advantages of Foilboard® for underfloor insulation are quickly being recognized by innovative and well-known architects and building companies across Australia as well as savvy DIY builders. They are installing this cost-effective underfloor insulation technology to increase the overall R-ratings and comfort standards of their home and building projects.
We service Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and all regional Towns in Australia
Foilboard® for Underfloor Insulation can be used in;
For existing sites without any floor insulation, Foilboard® is a perfect option to improve thermal resistance and reduce energy costs within a home or building. It can be easily installed by accessing the underside of the building and fixed to the underside of joists using our patented Flexifit® fasteners.
Timber Floor Insulation
Safe, quick and easy to install without the need for stapling, stringing, or gluing.
Concrete Floor Insulation
Foilboard® is rigid and slimline and will not sag, shrink or delaminate over time. Lightweight and simple to install, it is ideal for bulk installation under concrete flooring of any size.
Benefits of Underfloor Insulation
- Underfloor insulation prevents a large amount of heat from escaping from the floor
- The best underfloor insulation solutions can drastically reduce the cost of your energy bills
- After reducing the amount of time you run your energy appliances, you will reduce your carbon footprint
- Underfloor insulation provides a degree of soundproofing to any property in which it is installed
- Foilboard underfloor insulation is completely non-toxic and safe for installation and use
- Protection for your property from external weather conditions.
How Does Underfloor Insulation Work?
If you are interested in understanding how underfloor insulation works and finding how to insulate your underfloor–look no further. You can either install underfloor insulation panels when you are in the construction phase of a building, or you can retrofit underfloor insulation in an existing property. A certain amount of heat escapes through the floor, while cool air tends to pool down there. By installing underfloor insulation you are keeping the desired air in and the undesired air out. A great advantage of this is that the underfloor insulation cost is quickly recouped after installation, as once your home is well insulated—you tend to stop running your heaters and coolers so much.
How to Install Underfloor Insulation?
When it comes to the question of how to install floor insulation, the procedure itself is quite simple. With a few basic tools, the right conditions, and some confidence in the area of DIY handiwork, you can install underfloor insulation with ease. The exact process of underfloor insulation installation will depend on whether you are fixing it into a building under construction, or an existing property. For clear instructions on how to install underfloor insulation, check out this underfloor insulation installation guide or contact us on 1800 354 717.
Use our Product Selector to find which Foilboard® Product is most suitable.
Benefits of Foilboard® for Underfloor Insulation
- Foilboard® is impervious to moisture and offers impressive R-value ratings.
- Simply clicks into place using a patented lock-in flap design to save time and labour
- Reduces waste by allowing re-use of off cuts
- Resists wind and vermin by preventing air infiltration from gaps and air pockets
- Offers high thermal resistance to intense weather fluctuations commonly experienced in Australia.
- Underfloor insulation that goes above and beyond BCA requirements with a 6-star energy rating, guaranteed for the life of the building